The Abbey is a heritage listed sandstone building which was the former Presbyterian Church in the inner city suburb of Glebe. This church was originally designed by Thomas Rowe in the Victorian Academic Gothic architectural style and built in 1876 on the corner of Parramatta and Glebe Point Road. In 1927, traffic noise caused the church to be move, stone by numbered stone, to its present location in Bridge Road. It was almost demolished in the 1970s but a credit squeeze saved it from development. It had been used as a restaurant in recent years but was recently restored and put up for sale.