The former Sailor's Home is located along George Street at The Rocks. The original block was designed by Weaver & Kemp and built in 1864 in the Victorian Italianate architectural style, as cheap, clean accommodation for sailors. The streetfront block was designed by Spain & Cosh and built in 1926 in the Inter-War Free Classical architectural style. A continuous parapet in Classical Revival style links the blocks. The Sailor's Home hosted sailors until the 1970s and now houses a gallery and a restaurant.