The White Bay Hotel was a historic hotel along Victoria Road, n the inner city suburb of Rozelle. It was first built in 1861, rebuilt in 1916, and refurbished in 1925 and 1933. It was popular with wharfies (wharf labourers) at the White Bay Container Terminal. After becoming landlocked by roads and with no local workers in the area, it closed in 1992. It had been waiting renovations when on 5 September 2008 it was destroyed by a suspicious fire and immediately demolished so this is a historical photo now.