This war memorial is located outside Newtown Public School on the corner of King Street and Newman Street, in the inner city suburb of Newtown. It was erected in the memory of all former pupils of the Newtown Primary School who served in the First World War. It consists of a 15 foot obelisk of polished Australian trachyle on a granite base surmounted by four galleon prows of white marble. A copper encased globe of granite representing the world is mounted on top and at the pinnacle is a metal torch. The names are engraved on the memorial with the inscription "Newtown Superior Public School Honour Roll The Great War 1914-1919".