These commercial buildings are located along Broadway, in the inner city suburb of Ultimo. The two buildings are both two storey Federation Free architectural style commercial buildings built around 1910. The one on the left is more ornate and originally housed a billiards saloon and refreshment rooms, later becoming a confectioners. The one on the right originally housed a grocery shop and from 1916 became part of Hoskings department store. They were redeveloped in 2002 as part of the Quadrant on Brooadway apartments and now house restaurants and a health food shop.