Wednesday 26 February 2020

Bank of New South Wales

The former Bank of New South Wales Head Office is located on the corner of George Street and Wynyard Street, beside the former Commercial Banking Company Head Office, opposite Martin Place. It was designed by Robertson & Marks and completed in 1932 in the Inter-War Commercial Palazzo style. The bank changed its name to Westpac Banking Corporation in 1982 following the acquisition of the Commercial Bank of Australia. The ground floor is still a bank branch today but the office space above now houses the head office of software development company Atlassian.

8 comments:

  1. I wonder who gets the office with the window balcony!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Atlassian logo is on those rainbow flags flown from that balcony.

      Delete
  2. I don't think the bottom half of the former Bank of NSW front wall is nearly as attractive as the bottom half of the former Commercial Banking Company. More concrete, fewer windows and wrong colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great image, I really like the style of this building.

    Thanks for linking up at 'My Corner of the World' this week!

    My Corner of the World

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing building!
    Best, Julie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave me a message. Jim.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...