Monday 6 February 2023

Eveleigh, art

This inflatable artwork was installed in Innovation Plaza, part of the South Eveleigh precinct for the Sydney Festival, in the inner city suburb of Eveleigh. "The Aunties" was designed by fashion designer and artist Jenny Kee and created by the Lgop Collective with The Inflatable Event Company. Auntie Marge and Auntie Una are named for Jenny Kee's real aunties who were both highly skilled and successful seamstresses who supported and guided her in design and couture.

11 comments:

  1. Colorful and unusual, Jim. Enjoyed the back story which made the inflatables more appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pleasing, really. What a symphony of colours. It's very beautiful (kwarkito)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! And I use the word seamstresses, because sewers can be misconstrued.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I'll change it. My mum was a seamstress too and that's the term she used.

      Delete
  4. Great and colourful artwork! I first remember hearing about Jenny Kee when she made a koala jumper for Princess Diana. I think it probably made her more well known around the world. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Jim.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning art pieces, Thanks for sharing with Garden Affair.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave me a message. Jim.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...