Sunday 12 February 2023

St Peters, Fences Playground


Simpson Park is located along Campbell Road, in the inner west suburb of St Peters. The St Peters Fences Playground features climbable fence structures, rubber concrete and playground equipment made from recycled materials that pays homage to the character of the suburb. It was designed and constructed by artist Mike Hewson in 2020, in consultation with students from nearby St Peters Public School.
Linked to: Shadow Shot Sunday, Sunday Best, My Sunday Snapshot.

10 comments:

  1. I thought the playground was unfinished by the appearance. Then this was deliberate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he has used parts of fences and sections of houses rescued from demolished properties.

      Delete
  2. Well, that's a really fascinating idea. I had to do a little Internet digging to find out more about a playground of fences!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, the link I provided has close-up photos of the equipment and children playing on it.

      Delete
  3. Rubber concrete sounds similar to something at a park here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this photo, light, shadows, and all sorts of things going on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting concept and shadows. So much safer than the playgrounds of my youth (1950's and early 1960's, too.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rubber concrete is amazing. Looks like concrete but is very bouncy.

      Delete
  6. I like how all the equipment is recycled.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a great place for kids to play in, Jim. My only concern is that iron bar fence with the sharp points. Not sure how safe it is for a kids' playground... Thanks for taking part in the "My Sunday Best" meme.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave me a message. Jim.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...