Sunday 22 March 2009

Eveleigh, CarriageWorks

CarriageWorks is a multi-venue arts centre dedicated to the development and presentation of contemporary arts. CarriageWorks is housed in the old Eveleigh railway yards and features theatre spaces, gallery and exhibition spaces, rehearsal rooms, a scenery workshop and office space. The inner city suburbs of Redfern, Eveleigh and Darlington have a high indigenous population and Yaama Dhinawan is a training, community and function centre located on the Carriage Works site. According to the 2006 Census, 2.4% of the Australian population reported having Aboriginal or Indigenous ancestry. I didn't have many photos with an indigenous theme that I could use for my Harmony Day theme this week, so I need to rectify that soon.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting and informative post.
    I like the perspective on the first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live very close to CarriageWorks. It is a treasure trove to wander around. I went on a tour way back in 2004 with HHT before it was converted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Carriage Works must be again a lively place with art on display and perhaps also artists at work.
    I do like your pictures of all the different ethnic buildings. I wish people could live together in harmony and happiness all over the world and appreciate each others culture. Utopia?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave me a message. Jim.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...