These heritage listed buildings are located along George Street at The Rocks. The Julian Ashton Art School was designed by architects were E. Lindsay Thompson, Spooner and Dixon and built in 1955. Julian Ashton opened his original Sydney Art School in 1890. Opal Fields on the ground floor is the largest worldwide retailer of opal, the national gemstone of Australia. Captain Tench Arcade was designed by architects Kell & Rigby and built in 1920 in the Federation architectural style with Art Nouveau motifs. It is named after Captain Watkin Tench, a British marine officer who published two books describing his experiences in the First Fleet, which established the first settlement in Australia in 1788. The retail tenants are the Royal Copenhagen ice cream shop and Rocks Style, a shop which specialises in Australian clothing brands.