The Forbes Street entrance of the The National Art School in the inner city suburb of Darlinghurst. This was originally the main entrance of Darlinghurst Gaol. The walls surrounding the prison were built by convicts between 1822 and 1824. The site was transferred to the New South Wales Department of Education in 1921, who adapted the buildings for use as the East Sydney Technical College and the National Art School. In 2005, the Technical and Further Education (TAFE) College moved off the site, leaving The National Art School as the sole occupant.