Moore’s Wharf is located on Walsh Bay, in the inner city suburb of Millers Point. It was established in the 1830s by Henry Moore, the first Australian P&O agent. The sandstone warehouse was built by William Long using convict labour and stone quarried on site. Moore bought the wharf and accompanying building from Long in 1837. The warehouse was originally located further west but in 1978 was moved, stone by stone, to its present location when it became the Operational Headquarters of the Sydney Ports Corporation. The vessels moored at the wharf are used by Sydney Ports Corporation on Sydney Harbour.