The former Petersham railway station building is located in Terminus Street in the inner west suburb of Petersham. This heritage listed building, completed in 1885, was designed by George Cowdery in the Victorian Italianate architectural style. It is the only major 'First Class' station building known to have been built in Sydney in the 19th century. The main block features a central tower, sandstone steps onto a veranda, supported on cast iron columns with decorative lacework. The railway platform behind it features an awning supported by cast iron columns with decorative cast iron lace work.