This electricity substation No.43 is located along Unwins Bridge Road, in the inner west suburb of Sydneham. This heritage listed building was built in 1913 in the Federation Arts and Crafts architectural style, with Art Nouveau elements such as the style of lettering. Even power sub-stations were beautifully designed back then. The Municipal Council of Sydney logo, “MCS”, appears on the facade along with identification number “No 43” and the words "Electricity Sub-station" in relief, above the main doorway. An "Electricity Australia" sign and warning signs have been attached to the wall and roller shutter door.