Wolloomooloo Wharf, also known as the Finger Wharf, viewed from The Domain on the foreshore of Wolloomooloo Bay. Built in 1915, it was a working wharf until the 1970s. It was redeveloped into a hotel, apartments, restaurants and a marina in the 1990s. The newer apartments built at the end of the wharf are some of the most expensive in Sydney. The name Woolloomooloo is believed to be derived from an Aboriginal word, either Wallamullah meaning 'place of plenty' or Wallabahmullah meaning a 'young black kangaroo'.